CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My name is Jewel. Welcome to my blog!

In this blog I will post about my horsey-life, the chronicle of how our family went from no horses to five horses in the span of seven years, and how I stay sane with three horse-crazy kids. I called it "Green Broke" because at one time I started out green AND cash-broke (still feel that way). Come along for the ride!

To meet our cast of characters, read this post.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

History: Sierra turned 8

[This is an installment in "How we got into horses". See right sidebar for other posts.]

I wanted Sierra's 8th birthday party to be special. When I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted, she said she wanted a horseback-riding party.

I looked up "horseback-riding" under the yellow pages, and I think the two numbers I found were disconnected. Somehow --and I don't remember now how -- I found Susan, who owned horse property at the west end of town. She told me that she worked as a nurse during the day, but that Saturday we were looking at, she would be off. It would be $25 for a couple of hours of riding for eight girls. I would probably have spent at least four times that much for a horse-themed party; I told her we'd do it. Sierra waited with giddy anticipation.

Next post: I paid for this?

0 comments: