CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My name is Jewel. Welcome to my blog!

In this blog I will post about my horsey-life, the chronicle of how our family went from no horses to five horses in the span of seven years, and how I stay sane with three horse-crazy kids. I called it "Green Broke" because at one time I started out green AND cash-broke (still feel that way). Come along for the ride!

To meet our cast of characters, read this post.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Hope

We took Annie back to Idaho last week. Thank goodness the owner was willing to give us back our money and didn't give us grief.

We are trying out another horse.

As we pulled in today at the stables, I laughed at the expression on our friend Julie's face. I got out of the truck and said, "Here's horse #590!"

That's how these past couple of months have felt like, searching searching searching.

I think we might have just found us a horse for my youngest. I am "cautiously optimistic" if there is such a phrase.

***
Her name is Boo and she is a beautiful horse to look at. She is my friend's horse that she is willing to let us "borrow" for 4-H. Boo is quiet, which is a really good fit for Sabrina. The only concern is she moves kind of funny, paddling at the trot, and bounding at the lope. But our friend Julie and our barn owner both say she would probably be a good fit for my youngest. And the lope might smooth out if she lowers her head.

I hope so. I would rather not have a horse for her at all than cope with a horse that is just so-so and dangerous for my child.

This week, my youngest will take a lesson on her and take her to 4-H practice.

0 comments: